If there’s one thing Salt Lake knows how to do, it’s food. There is a little something from everywhere around the world to our own locals creating unique twists on the classics. The hardest part about writing this post is limiting our long-list to only five selections. Nevertheless, we were able to do it. We present you, the five best places to eat in Salt Lake City.
- Pago made our list for one simple reason – the farm-to-table ethos of this restaurant can be tasted, seen, and smelled. The menu is made up of twists on the classics, such as the Pago Burger top with pickled onions. For those who have been, you understand why it made our list, for those who haven’t, don’t wait any longer. Put Pago on the top of your list.
- Oh Mai is as authentically Vietnamese as it is tasty. From large portions of pho to even larger portions of banh mi (baguette sandwiches) this place never disappoints. Yes, we love this place because they cook with no MSG, but what makes this place one of the best places to eat in Salt Lake are the prices. The food tastes like a million dollars and their prices fit a starving student’s budget.
- Bruges Waffles and Frites started as the first authentic Belgium waffle house in Salt Lake. This place will take you to a little slice of European heaven each time you order a waffle. However, you need more than just good waffles to make our list. Bruges also understands how to do savory. From their thin cut frites to the plethora of aioli flavors they have available Bruges is the place to go for the perfect combination of sweet and savory.
- Eva’s Bakery will simply transport you to sitting in your grandmother’s kitchen while she mixes together her age-old recipe for that perfect combination of the light and flakey pastry. Well in this case, you’re transported to Charlie Coomb’s great-grandmother’s (Eva) kitchen. Using her recipes Charlie has created a bakery paradise in the bustling life of Main Street. Pop in for a loaf of bread made out of love and pastries made from dreams (we’re not exaggerating).
- Cucina Toscana completes our list of best places to eat in Salt Lake. If you’ve ever wondered what it would be like to sit in southern Italy eating homemade pasta that was created out of love and tenderness, then Cucina Toscana is the place for you. Now, we don’t want to talk too much about this one, because it’s a place you must try for yourself, but we will recommend you order the gnocchi (trust us).